Safety Testing & Survival Equipment Testing
Contact DTB to speak with test technicians experienced in the assessment of safety and survival equipment.
Safety and Survival Testing Services
Their life is in your hands. That’s why you need DTB to carry out thorough safety testing and survival equipment testing, with performance and reliability evaluation of your critical safety product.
With four decades of demonstrated high quality performance in this highly specialized field, DTB has developed all of the necessary test facilities, special test equipment, program management structure, government furnished equipment [GFE] tracking, and quality control systems necessary to perform rapid and cost-effective quality assurance testing of this most critical aspect of mission effectiveness.
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. has been an active member of SAFE for several years, and exhibits regularly at their Annual Convention. The primary objective of the SAFE Association is to stimulate research and development in the fields of safety and survival, and to disseminate pertinent information to concerned individuals in government and industry. In addition, the objective is to establish and maintain a meaningful relationship between the SAFE Association and the scientific communities related to safety and survival.
SAFE publishes a Journal, Newsletter and the Proceedings of the Annual SAFE Symposium. These publications are valuable reference sources for the professional involved in safety and survival.
SAFE culminates each year’s activities with the annual SAFE Symposium. Presentation topics range from desert survival to the latest aircraft passenger egress aids, cockpit design, restraint systems, and school bus design to international symbols related to transportation and safety, and crew training. The Symposium is attended by an international group of professionals who are there to share problems and solutions in the field of safety and survival.
Equipment Testing and Validation – The Dayton T. Brown, Inc. Safety and Survival Department provides the testing and engineering services required to perform developmental test and evaluation, first article, qualification, and production lot quality conformance verification testing in support of all phases of the ALSS/ALSE life cycle. Our facilities are equipped to provide all services necessary for the complete range of fully integrated engineering and test program support.
- Ejection Seats
- Oxygen Systems and Equipment
- Helmets and Visors
- Restraint Systems
- Life Rafts and Preservers
- Personal Protective Equipment/Systems
- Compressed Gas Systems / Cylinders
- Seat Survival Kits
Some of the developmental test and evaluation programs that DTB has performed Safety and Survival Testing for include:’
- Multi- Platform Restraint Systems
- USAF & Navy Ejection Seats
- Crashworthy Systems
- Night Vision Equipment
- Helmet Mounted Displays
- Airsave Survival System Assembly
- Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JMCS)
- Directed Energy Eye Protection
- Advanced Tactical Life Support System (ATLSS)
- Combat Edge
- Positive Pressure Breathing G-Sensing
- Oxygen Regulators
- Chemical, Biological, and Radiological (CBR) Protection Systems
Enhanced Windblast Test Facility – Dayton T. Brown has developed a world-class windblast test facility, unique in its capabilities.
Air – Oxygen – Carbon Dioxide – Nitrogen – Helium – Argon – Others
- Burst Pressure, Hydrostatic, 30,000 psig
- Proof Pressure, Gaseous, 12,000 psig
- Reliability/Life/Fatigue Testing
- Ballistic Antifragmentation Environmental Programs
- Coatings/Corrosion Prevention Test and Evaluation
- R and M Improvements: Materials and Products
- ODC Replacements: Performance Evaluation
Some of our Life Support Equipment Tests include...
- Helmets and Helmet Mounted Equipment
- Rescue and Restraint Systems
- Flight Clothing, Anti-Exposure Suits
- Respiration Systems, Pressure Vessels/Systems
- Oxygen Equipment, Converters, and Generating Systems
- Chemical/Biological Protective Equipment
- Windblast Simulated Ejection Test Facility
- Aircrew Equipment Evaluation, Ejection Seats
- Structural Integrity of Ejection System Components
- 650 KEAS Maximum Velocity with Rapid Onset Oxygen Equipment Test
- Laboratory Optics and Laser Eye Protection Test Facility
- Inflatable Equipment Test Facility: Rafts, Preservers