January 2, 2019

HOLLYWOOD, MD - Dayton T. Brown, Inc. (DTB) has been awarded an $82.6 million IDIQ (indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity) contract from the US Navy in support of the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division’s Special Missions Integrated Test Facility (AIR-5.4). The supplies and services being procured are in support of the continued development of the Mobile Mission System (MMS) family of system capabilities. It is expected that new MMS units and supporting equipment will be procured, along with labor to perform maintenance, repair, modification, and deployment of the current systems.

“We’re very excited to continue and expand our long-standing relationship with the US Navy,” said Tom Zimoulis, Senior Vice President of the Engineering & Test Division at DTB. “This contract will be a key component of growth for the Company in 2019 and beyond.”

The newly announced award is in addition to the eight-year Aircraft Prototype Systems Division (APSD) contract that DTB won in late 2017. The Company is currently performing on two active Delivery Orders on the APSD contract and continues to compete on new task orders as they are released.

“Winning this new contract gives us the opportunity to continue to increase our presence in the Patuxent River area,” said Larry Howard, Patuxent River Site Manager. “We are appreciative of the trust and confidence that the Navy has shown in us, and we look forward to beginning work on the contract immediately.”

The contract has a period of performance of seven years, through December 2025, and will be funded on a task order basis. An initial task order was awarded on January 1st as a follow-on to a previous contract for the procurement and delivery of two specialized MMS units.

The Company anticipates that 91% of the direct work on the new contract will be performed in Maryland, with the remaining 9% performed in Bohemia – mostly for design, engineering, and testing.

Dayton T. Brown Wins APSD Contract


About Dayton T. Brown, Inc.

Dayton T. Brown, Inc. (DTB) has been synonymous with the pursuit of excellence and customer service for over 65 years. As a leader in the fields of engineering, testing, and technical services, DTB has gained national respect and recognition. The Company was founded in 1950 and is headquartered on 32 acres in Bohemia, NY. Today, the Company is comprised of two divisions, whose operations are widely diversified.

The Engineering & Test Division conducts tests on aerospace and defense systems, life support and survival equipment, and automobile, rail, transit, and other systems. Standalone engineering services include component and system evaluation, design and fabrication of specialized test equipment, field data acquisition, instrument calibration, design and failure analysis, preparation of test procedures, product improvement services, and reverse engineering services.

The Technical Services Division provides technical documentation, communication, and logistics/maintenance planning services. Typical publication and graphic art services include technical writing, technical illustration and graphics, data conversions, and parts listing. Logistics services include parts provisioning, supportability analysis, level of repair analysis, and other maintenance planning services.